Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hic-ups As Zazzle Transitions to the New Craft Category

Zazzle is adding a craft category...you probably already will see it in your shop.  But in the meantime, some of the items in your shop that would go in that category may be hard to find.

If you're like me, and need to, for instance, be able to direct people to the ribbon or favor boxes or whatever in your shop (and it's not showing up in crafts yet, and you can't find it in another single category) you can do what I did and make a Zazzle flash panel to point to that, and post it on your website or blog.

But before I tried that I contacted support, and got someone who didn't know what was happening and they gave me some spectacularly bad advice I'm glad I didn't take.  I was freaking out because I was promoting my ribbon through a blog post (I'd sent someone a sample to do a Valentines craft with and she was featuring it on her blog, but the link to my ribbon I had given her wasn't working).  Zazzle support said they couldn't find my ribbon in my shop and that maybe I should remake it.  I happened to know that at least one of my ribbon was there (I found it in a categor) so I thought of the flash panel idea and that showed me that all the ribbon (even the ones I couldn't find in the category it was supposed to be in) was still there and I didn't need to waste my time remaking it.

When I wrote them back someone got me the right answer which was that things were in the process of transfering and the direct links would work if I couldn't find the section with the products in it.  So, heads up to anyone else having this trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment